WordPress Plugins Running On RK.md – April 2015
Here’s a rundown of the plugins I run on RK.md (currently on WordPress 4.2.1).
- Akismet (anti-spam)
- Cloudflare (integrates WordPress with Cloudflare platform)
- EWWW Image Optimizer (used in conjunction with ImageOptim – lossless compression of all site-wide images)
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (statistics)
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (suite of powerful features – contact form, Gravatar Hovercards, etc.)
- Wordfence Security (free security suite)
- WordPress SEO Premium (SEO, enough said)
- WP-Polls (AJAX-based poll system)
- RK.md Scripts (my own “plugin” containing many scripts to perform various operations)
Back in 2008 when I first started blogging on WordPress software, I ran over 20 plugins to accomplish various tasks. With greater emphasis being placed on web performance, I’ve significantly consolidated my scripts and tailored my design towards simplicity. 🙂
I’ve also had a chance to refine web security measures by transitioning to a flexible SSL/HSTS policy coupled with Wordfence’s periodic scanning.
What plugins do you use?