Mechanical circulatory support (MCS) devices are becoming more prevalent and sophisticated with each passing year. In this episode, I’ll briefly cover some of the basics for intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABPs), Impella, CentriMag, ProtekDuo, TANDEMHEART, and ECMO. As always, drop me a comment with your questions and thoughts!
Here are some of my other posts to check out:
- What Is VA-ECMO?
- Surgical Steps In CentriMag Biventricular Assist Device (BiVAD) Placement
- ProtekDuo Veno-Venous Cannula
- Left Ventricular Pressure-Volume Work Loop With Mechanical Circulatory Support
- What Is An Impella?
- What Is An Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)?
- Avalon V-V ECMO Bicaval Catheter