Well it’s another New Year’s Eve spent at home except this time I’m jumping between Counter-Strike Source and First Aid USMLE Step I. In retrospect, 2009 was an incredibly unusual year because of the amount of free time I had. Once school started, I quickly become occupied with trying to get back into the swing of things.
- From January to the end of July, I did pretty much nothing. In fact, the most difficult decisions I had each day were:
- What am I going to eat?
- What video game(s) should I play?
- How many times will I go to the gym?
- How late will I wake up the next morning?
Talk about a life of leisure! 😀 I did enjoy some time in Hawaii with the family, but for the most part, I relished the freedom to do nothing.
- Since August, I’ve had the privilege of getting to know my amazing classmates at Baylor Med, some astounding physicians around the community, and aspiring pre-med students.
- I made a killing in the stock market with Ford and Apple. Probably the only time I’ll ever invest in an American auto company, because I sure as heck won’t be buying any of their vehicles. 🙂
- Stuck to my New Year’s resolution from last year by not eating at Taco Bell (lame, but I still stuck to it).
As far as blogging goes, I wrote 236 posts (counting this one) in 2009. That’s an average of one post every 36 hours (most likely because I had so much free time from January to July). Now that school is in full swing, more of my posts will be about my experiences in medical school… and not much else. 😛
2010 will be an incredibly challenging but rewarding time as I’ll be working to complete the last 12 months of pre-clinicals. Really looking forward to it! 🙂
Hope everyone has a fantastic start to the new year!