I recently started to relauch my YouTube channel, but to do this, I needed to up my A/V equipment game. I’ve ever owned a “real” camera before, so after doing some research, I opted to go with the following hardware (with Amazon affiliate links):
- Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Lens
- Deity V-Mic D3 Pro High SNR Super-Cardioid Directional Shotgun Microphone
- Aputure AL-M9 Amaran LED Mini Light
- MACTREM Professional Camera Tripod
I also bought an AC power supply adapter, so I wouldn’t have to use the camera’s battery. Furthermore, I purchased a SMALLRIG cold shoe adapter relocation plate to help mount the LED light and microphone in a way that would not obstruct the camera’s flip screen.
So far I’m absolutely loving this equipment and learning more about video editing with each production. Be sure to check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! 🙂