Here’s a rundown of the essential items I carry with me to work in 2020 as an attending physician (and nerd). As always, the goal is portability while maximizing function on-the-go. Check out my older posts from 2016, 2017, and 2019 for comparison!
- NOMATIC messenger bag
- 11″ iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio (upgrading to a Magic Keyboard next week) and Apple Pencil 2 to read journals/textbooks, draw diagrams, program, write manuscripts, etc.
- RAVPower 90W GaN 2-port USB C charger with USB C and Lightning cables to quickly charge all of my gadgets
- Dr. Grip pen
- iPhone XS Max
- TROVE custom slim wallet
- AirPods Pro
- Custom Oakley Prizm polarized sunglasses
- nonda USB C to USB 3.0 adapter
- Samsung FIT 256 GB USB 3.1 flash drive to download TEE images
- Satechi USB-C portable watch charger
- Apple Watch 4 (not pictured)
- Butterfly iQ portable ultrasound – USB C interfaces with the iPad Pro
- Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscope
Drop me a comment with your thoughts and/or questions!
Hey! Congratulations on your work.
Based on your experience, which interface for the butterfly iq you think is better, iphone or iPad?
I got the USB-C version so I can use the Butterfly on my iPad Pro as well as many new Android phones with USB-C interfaces. All in the name of using a “future proof” I/O. 🙂