Ever since finishing my fellowships, I wanted to create a free reference sheet (front and back) containing “high yield” information in the areas of critical care and perioperative medicine. I feel I’m well suited to pursue this educational endeavor given my training as a physician who works in both settings, and hopefully many of you will benefit from the information (especially during the COVID-19 pandemic). Now some details:
- This sheet doesn’t constitute medical advice, and I’m NOT responsible for any decisions or outcomes.
- Share this document freely, but I ask that you do give me credit for it (hence the watermark).
- I used a combination of Pixelmator Pro and Microsoft Excel to construct the document. I used GoodNotes on my iPad Pro to draw the diagrams.
- Many areas are up for debate (ie, medication doses). Keep in mind that these are largely based on my practice as a cardiothoracic anesthesiologist and intensivist. Your institution’s policies and practices may differ considerably.
- If you print this out, you might need to scale the document to fit on a single page or adjust your printable margins to 0. Use print preview to make sure everything is in view!
- If you have any suggestions or want to report errata, contact me!
Drop me a comment below if you find this reference sheet helpful!
|9/12/2020||Added electrolyte abnormality section|
Rearranged some of the sheet elements
|5/1/2020||More treatment options for cyanide toxicity|
Added shock table