As a follow-up to my perioperative and critical care reference sheet, I’ve created a similar one for mechanical circulatory support (MCS). The same instructions apply:
- This sheet doesn’t constitute medical advice, and I’m NOT responsible for any decisions or outcomes.
- Share this document freely, but I ask that you give me credit for it (hence the watermark).
- I used a combination of Pixelmator Pro and Microsoft Excel to construct the document. I used GoodNotes on my iPad Pro to draw the diagrams.
- Many areas, like actual medication doses, are up for debate. Remember that these are largely based on my practice as a cardiothoracic anesthesiologist and intensivist. Your institution’s policies and practices may differ considerably, and the numbers vary based on the sources you read.
- If you print this out, you must scale the document to fit on a single page or adjust your printable margins to 0. Use print preview to make sure everything is in view!
- If you have any suggestions or want to report errata, contact me!
Drop me a comment and consider buying me a coffee if you find this reference sheet helpful! 😊