2019 was the bookend to my formal medical training as I completed my fellowship in cardiothoracic anesthesiology, took my first vacation in over a decade, and started my job as an attending back home in Houston.
|SOCIAL MEDIA STATS||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
|RK.md Post Count||86||204||328||476||643|
|RK.md Comment Count||130||298||532||872||1,319|
GADGETS PURCHASED IN 2019
- Components to build Bahamut
- Ecobee Smart thermostat
- Shark cordless stick vacuum
- Phillips Hue bulbs/light strips
- Samsung QLED TV
- Apple TV 4K
- iMac Pro
- Tesla Model 3 Performance
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
- Apple AirPods Pro
- LG OLED TV
TOP POSTS OF 2019
- “Redheads Need More Anesthesia” – Fact Or Fiction?
- How Chest Tube Drainage Systems Work
- What Does Gtt Mean?
- Peak Pressures vs Plateau Pressures
- Lactated Ringers And Normosol In Hyperkalemia
- What Is An Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)?
- You Pick Your Surgeon – Not Your Anesthesiologist
- Performing A “Deep” Extubation
- How Do Automatic Blood Pressure Cuffs Work?
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Interpretation – Determining Acidosis and Alkalosis
OTHER FEATURED POSTS OF 2019
- Basics Of Mechanical Ventilation
- Best Practices For Creating A WordPress Healthcare Blog
- What Is VA-ECMO?
- New Zealand And Australia Vacation
- What To Expect The Day Of Heart Surgery
- The Birth Of Bahamut – The Gaming Battlestation
- What I’ve Learned Over A Decade Of Medical Training
- Do I Need A Magnet – Pacemaker/ICD Nomenclature
- Things I Wish Surgeons And Circulators Knew About Anesthesiology
RK.MD USER METRICS
The increase in Internet Explorer usage between 2018 and 2019 is somewhat saddening! 😉
ON TO 2020
2020 will be the first whole year where I’m an attending. I hope to continue growing free, open access medical education (FOAMed) with my contributions and teaching my residents to become skilled, knowledgable, humble, and compassionate physician leaders as they progress through residency and beyond. I also aim to become more involved with physician advocacy, committees and service lines to further my own professional footprint and open opportunities for networking and collaboration.